2017 Spring Online Juried Show
AWA Associates Spring Online Competition 2017
ABOUT THE ONLINE SHOW
This is American Women Artists’ annual online juried competition for our Associate and Associate with Distinction Members. In addition to monetary and merchandise awards, final works selected will appear on AWA’s online gallery for a full year, be featured in our monthly E-newsletters, and promoted through AWA’s social media channels. AWA is dedicated to providing professional opportunities for women in the visual fine arts. We invite you to join AWA as an Associate member and enter our 2017 Spring Online Juried Show!
Open to all AWA Associate & Associate with Distinction members working representationally in either 2D or 3D, in a traditional or contemporary style. Applicant must be an AWA Associate or Associate with Distinction member of current standing with dues paid or renewed for 2017. Annual dues for Associate Membership is $60. If 2017 dues are not paid, entry will be disqualified. If you are unsure whether you’ve paid your 2016 dues, please email email@example.com. To join as a new member, visit www.americanwomenartists.org/join or email
firstname.lastname@example.org for an Associate membership invoice.
1. The 2017 AWA Spring Online Show is open to AWA Associate and Associate with Distinction members in good standing.
2. Entries must be representational work(s): drawing, painting, or sculpture
3. Work(s) must be original and completed within the last two years
4. Applications may be submitted from January 17 - March 19, 2017, finalists will be announced in early April.
5. As this is an online show, there is no size restriction on work(s) submitted.
6. All work(s) entered must not have been accepted for a previous AWA national juried competition or online juried show.
7. Acceptable mediums for sculpture: cast metal, fabricated metal, stone, glass, wood, and any fired permanent medium such as terra cotta, stoneware, porcelain, earthenware.
8. Acceptable mediums for painting: oil, acrylic, water media, pastel, egg tempera, encaustic, mixed mediums, batik
9. Acceptable mediums for drawing: conte crayon, colored pencil, graphite, pen & ink, scratchboard.
10. Maximum entries: three (3)
11. Maximum of one (1) piece of artwork per accepted artist will be juried into the online show.
12. By submitting images to this juried opportunity, you understand and agree that accepted images will be displayed on AWA website, Facebook page, and other social and/or print media. Artists retain copyright to their image(s).
13. By entering this exhibition, you agree that you have read and will abide by all rules outlined in this prospectus.
14. All membership and jury fees are non-refundable; Overpayment of any fee will be considered a donation and will not be refunded.
The Spring Online Juried Show application process will begin January 17, 2017 and close on March 19, 2017. Finalists will be announced in early April 2017. Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: www.onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
$30 for up to 3 images.
Entries will be accepted January 17 – March 19, 2017
April 11, 2017
Grand Prize, Second, Third and Honorable Mention winners will be chosen from the group of finalists. Several Awards of Merit will also be selected. All award winners will garner national exposure when featured on the AWA website, through AWA’s social media channels and E-newsletter.
• Grand prize winner will receive $1,000 cash award, merchandise awards, and waived jury fees for AWA’s 2016 National Juried Exhibition, should they decide to submit work for application to that competition.
• Second prize winner will receive merchandise/sponsor award and $200 cash award.
• Third prize winner will receive merchandise/sponsor award and $100 cash award.
• Honorable Mention winner will receive $50.00
• Award of Merit winners will receive certificates of recognition.
SELECTION PANEL & JUROR OF AWARDS
A panel consisting of AWA Master and Signature members will select finalists. Award winners will be selected by Juror of awards, Donna Kruger, owner of DK Gallery, Marietta, Georgia.
For AWA questions: Robin Knowlton – email@example.com
For technical questions, please go here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx