Oceanside Museum of Art
Artist Alliance at NCRT: Illusion and Travels with My Aunt
Artist Alliance at NCRT: The Illusion and Travels with My Aunt
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) presents a North Coast Repertory Theatre (NCRT) Collaboration juried exhibition for two consecutive, productions of THE ILLUSION and TRAVELS WITH MY AUNT.
This is a call to artists who are members of OMA Artist Alliance: you are invited to submit any number of entries for consideration in this juried art exhibition presented by Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) that will take place at the North Coast Repertory Theatre (NCRT) Café and Gallery. Artists must be a member of Oceanside Museum of Art at any level with the Artist Alliance add-on.
Thank you for your submission! The majority of your submission fees and membership dues go to supporting the museum’s exhibitions and educational programming. Thank you again for being a part of OMA! If you have any questions about participation in this exhibition, please email Katie, the exhibition coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXHIBITION DESCRIPTION AND THEME
February 22 – May 24, 2017
Submit artwork LOOSELY themed to one or both of the productions described below. Get creative! NO NUDITY PLEASE. Consider these theme key words: Theatrical, magical, fanciful, historical, love themes, family
THE ILLUSION celebrates the magic and illusory nature of theatre. Using crackling, contemporary language and sheer artistry, Kushner creates his most joyfully theatrical play: a wildly entertaining tale of passion, regret, love, and magic.
TRAVELS WITH MY AUNT is an engaging, always entertaining journey. Eccentric Aunt Augusta swoops in and shakes up the life of her staid bourgeois nephew. She ignites the lust for adventure that is buried within his gray flannel soul. (Think Auntie Mame!)
David Ellenstein is the Artistic Director of NCRT. Born into a theatrical family, David has worked in theatres across the country. Before joining North Coast Rep in 2003, he served as Artistic Director for the Los Angeles Repertory Company and the Arizona Jewish Theatre Company (AJTC). David has directed more than 250 theatrical productions.
• Fees: $15 for the first entry, $10 for subsequent
• Artwork details: Original or signed limited edition two-dimensional work, no larger than 40” in any direction. Artwork may be in any media or style.
• Eligibility: Must be a member of OMA at any level with the Artist Alliance add-on.
• Location: North Coast Repertory Theatre Café and Gallery, 987 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Suite D, Solana Beach, CA
• Submissions open: November 21, 2016
• Submissions close: January 23, 2017, 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
• Final acceptances announced: On or before January 31, 2017
• Artwork drop-off: February 16, 2017, from 10:00am-12:00noon
• Exhibition on view: February 22 – May 24, 2017
• Reception: March 2, 2017, 6:00¬–7:30pm
• Artwork pick-up: May 25, 2017, 10:00am-12:00noon
DETAILED GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
1. ENTRY DEADLINE: 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), January 23, 2017.
2. EXHIBITION: Artworks will be chosen by NCRT Artistic Director David Ellenstein, to be exhibited February 22–May 24, 2017 at the North Coast Repertory Theatre (NCRT) Café and Gallery, located at 987 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Suite D, Solana Beach, CA. The exhibition space is located in the lobby of the popular North County theater venue, receiving 5,000-6,000 visitors during the run of each production. Artwork must remain with the exhibition through the run of the show. Selection of artworks for inclusion in the exhibition is entirely the decision of the Juror. The juror’s selections are final. Entrants contacting the juror in advance of selections will be disqualified.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To submit artwork for consideration in this exhibition, you must be a current OMA member with the Artist Alliance Add On. Artists who are not a member of OMA Artist Alliance but are interested in participating in this exhibition must submit their membership application before submitting artwork through Online Juried Shows. To join OMA Artist Alliance:
• Visit www.oma-online.org/membership/
• Visit Oceanside Museum of Art at 704 Pier View Way, Oceanside CA
• Call the OMA membership center at (760) 435-3724
4. ONLINE ENTRY PROCESS: Entries will be accepted exclusively through onlinejuriedshows.com. When entering for the first time, follow the instructions for opening an account and creating a password. Record your password for reuse in all future entries with onlinejuriedshows.com. Scroll down to locate the exhibition “Artist Alliance at NCRT: Illusion and Travels” and follow the directions for entry. When filling out your artwork information for this show, please be sure all information and spelling is correct. All information entered by the artist will be used “as is” throughout the entire exhibition. Entry form must be completely and accurately filled out providing all requested information regarding the artwork and the artist. No changes can be made after the entry deadline, 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), January 23, 2017.
For further instructions on how to enter through Online Juried Shows, please visit the guide on this link: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx
Oceanside Museum of Art is not responsible for any technical difficulties with artwork submission. All submission issues will be handled exclusively by Online Juried Shows. If you anticipate needing technical assistance with your submission, are experiencing difficulties, or have questions about your entries, please contact
Help@OnlineJuriedShows.com or call 949-287-8645.
5. DIGITAL IMAGE SPECIFICATIONS: Complete instructions are found on www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx as follows: It is not necessary for digital image file(s) to be pre-formatted to the 1920 x 1920 pixel size. Digital image of each work submitted will be automatically resized, but must be under 4MB. However, for the best image quality it is suggested that each image be submitted at at least 1920 pixels @ 72dpi on the LONGEST side.
Important: the quality of photography contributes greatly to the clarity, sharpness, color, lighting and understanding of your artwork and assists the jurors in their decision making process. Please submit your image(s) accordingly.
6. USE OF IMAGES: By submitting images to the exhibition, the entrant warrants that he/she created each of the artwork(s) submitted for consideration in the exhibition and that he/she possesses all legal rights to them. The entrant agrees that all submitted images selected by our judge may be used for marketing and promotional purposes related to the exhibition. By providing the images and other information through this entry, the entrant gives permission for OMA to use images of accepted artwork for promotion, reference, printed materials and online postings as well as in future advertising. All images used by OMA shall have a credit line of the artist. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
7. ENTRY FEE: At the end of the entry process, payment can be made using or a valid credit card. Entry fees are nonrefundable. Unlimited numbers of entries per Entrant are allowed. Entry Fees are $15 for the first entry, $10 for subsequent.
8. ELIGIBILITY OF ARTWORK: Artwork must be two-dimensional. Submissions are open to all visual artists working in all two-dimensional mediums. Originals or signed limited editions only. Two-dimensional works must be no larger than 40” in any direction. No nudity please.
9. NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: Entrants whose work is accepted will receive an emailed Acceptance Letter from OMA via onlinejuriedshows.com on or before January 31, 2017. Exhibiting artists will also receive a loan form. Detailed instructions will be given in the acceptance letter.
Final acceptance of entries in the exhibition is up to the Jurors’ discretion after viewing the delivered framed artwork. If an artwork does not match the appearance of the electronic entry, if actual dimensions of artwork are larger than specified size limitations, or if the workmanship or framing is not suitable quality for gallery presentation, the artwork will be disqualified and returned at the artist’s expense.
10. ARTWORK DROP-OFF: Exhibiting artists will deliver work to: North Coast Repertory Theatre Café and Gallery, 987 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Suite D, Solana Beach, CA, February 16, 2017 between the hours of 10:00am–12:00noon.
All work delivered must be ready to hang. If work that is not ready to hang is delivered it will not be included in the exhibition or be accepted at drop off.
All packaging material must be removed by the artist at the time of drop off. Packing material WILL NOT be stored or provided at time of drop off and pick up.
11. ARTWORK PICK UP: Artwork must remain with the exhibition through the conclusion of the show, May 7, 2017. Return shipping information will be included with Acceptance Letter. The exhibiting artist is responsible for packing their art pieces at time of pick up. Artwork must be picked up from NCRT on May 25, 2017, 10:00am–12:00noon.
12. SALES: If the artist chooses to list their artwork for sale, exhibited work will be available for purchase during the course of the exhibition and a price list will be made available to the staff at NCRT. All sales will be facilitated by the NCRT Café and Gallery staff. NCRT staff will alert artists if their artwork sells and will relay details of the sale and contact information for the purchaser. 75% of the proceeds of the sale will be distributed to the artist and 25% of the sale of the artwork will remain with NCRT. The artist may arrange to ship the work to the purchaser after the conclusion of the exhibition or may arrange for the purchaser to pick up the artwork on the assigned date of May 25, 2017, 10:00am–12:00noon. Artwork may not be removed from the exhibition if it is purchased before the conclusion of the exhibition, and must remain with NCRT until at least the close of the second production, currently scheduled for May 7, 2017.
13. ABOUT OMA ARTIST ALLIANCE: The Artist Alliance is an affiliate group of membership dedicated to the support of Oceanside Museum of Art. Artist Alliance provides opportunities for interaction, visibility, and growth for artist in the region.
The mission of Oceanside Museum of Art is to educate and inspire the public through a diverse range of engaging exhibitions and programs that connect people with regional, as well as national and global, artists and art forms of the 20th and 21st centuries. OMA operates as a private, non-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation.
14. THIS ENTRY FORM IS A CONTRACT: By submitting this entry form, the submitter agrees to all terms as stated above.
For questions about this exhibition please email email@example.com or call (760) 435-3731.
For more information on Oceanside Museum of Art, please visit
Oceanside Museum of Art
704 Pier View Way
Oceanside, CA 92054