Outdoor Painters Society
PLEIN AIR SOUTHWEST SALON 2017
PLEIN AIR SOUTHWEST SALON 2017
ABOUT THE EXHIBITION:
Plein Air Southwest is a juried exhibition now in its 12th year, organized by the Outdoor Painters Society and will be hosted by Southwest Gallery in Dallas, Texas. All works submitted for jurying must be available for the show and sale. Sold works are not to be submitted.
Entry deadline: January 8, 2017
Acceptance notice: January 16, 2017
Artist’s Dinner: April 7, 2017
Show dates: April 8, - May 15, 2017
Quick Draw: April 8, 2017
Opening Reception: April 8, 2017
Entries submitted must be available for show and sale. Artists may submit up to 4 images, $25 for the 1st image and a fee of $15 for each of the next three. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. All entries must be submitted through
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES:
Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
For best results, make sure your images are at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi (but no larger than 4MB). Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please email
Help@OnlineJuriedShows.com or call 949-287-8645.
PASW Salon 2017 is a juried competition of representational Plein Air paintings. Only original paintings created en Plein Air will be accepted. The competition for acceptance into this event is very strong; submit your best work!
ABOUT THE HOST GALLERY:
Southwest Gallery is one of the best known and highly respected galleries in the United States with over thirty years’ experience representing many of the nation’s top artists. The gallery houses over 16,000 square feet of exhibit space and represents artists producing Traditional, Contemporary, Western and Impressionists works.
ABOUT THE JURY:
A committee consisting of seven OPS board members will jury the entries. The decision of the jury is final. There is no refund of entry fees for unaccepted entries. Participants will be notified promptly of the juror’s selection by email and a posting on the Outdoor Painters Society website.
ABOUT THE JUROR OF AWARDS:
Kenn Erroll Backhaus, nationally known and highly acclaimed plein air artist, will be the juror of awards for PASW 2017. Please visit his website: http://www.kennbackhaus.com/
Entrant must be at least 18 years of age and a member of Outdoor Painters Society. Visit www.outdoorpainterssociety.com,
Select the tab “Join us” and follow the instructions for online payment through Paypal. New members joining during November and December will be credited to 2017 membership.
Current Associate, Signature, and Master Signature members must renew on or before entry deadline: Midnight, January 6, 2017. Go to OPS website www.outdoorpainterssociety.com, sign in, and renew on your profile page.
Associate Membership: $45
Signature Membership: $55
Master Signature Membership: $75
IMPORTANT: Dues must be paid by Midnight January 6, 2017 for your entry to qualify. There will be no refund of entry fees if disqualified for non-payment of dues by deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS.
PASW 2017 SALON RULES:
1. There will be no exceptions for deadlines, specifications or rules.
2. Must be 18 and a member of Outdoor Painters Society.
3. SIGNATURE MEMBER SUBMISSIONS: All Signature entries will be juried. Up to 4 paintings may be submitted, but only one (1) painting is guaranteed acceptance.
4. Original, realistic and/or representational art painted en Plein Air (on location) ONLY. No studio paintings will be accepted. Paintings created in a workshop or while under the instruction of an instructor/artist are ineligible.
5. Painting eligibility: (1) must not have been exhibited in any previous PLEIN AIR SOUTHWEST SALON show (2) must have been completed within the last 2 years. (2015-2016)
6. Paintings must be for sale and priced at $700 (retail) minimum. Any artwork priced below the show minimum will automatically have its price increased and any additional artwork accepted by the same artist will be priced accordingly.
7. RETAIL PRICE MUST INCLUDE THE FRAME. Gallery sales commission is 40% of the retail price.
8. Buyer contact information will not be provided to the artist.
9. Minimum size: 9 x 12 or 108 square inches, excluding frame. Maximum size: No side may exceed 20 inches, excluding frame. Paintings not meeting the minimum or maximum dimensions will not be displayed.
10. PASW accepted artists participating in the Quick Draw on April 8, 2017 may exhibit their Quick Draw entry. Quick Draw paintings are eligible for the Artists’ Choice Award.
11. Accepted works must be framed (no gallery wrap canvases) in a “gallery quality” frame, wired and ready for hanging. Paintings not meeting these standards will not be displayed.
12. All images submitted for jury with your application must be digital and submitted through www.onlinejuriedshows.com.
13. Artist will receive notification of acceptance or decline by email. Accepted entrants will receive an additional e-mail with more detailed shipping instructions, due dates of paintings, images and other pertinent data.
14. All decisions by the jurors and Outdoor Painters Society Board are final.
15. Submission of entries and entry fee constitute agreement with all conditions set forth in this prospectus. Digital images are assumed to be accurate representation of the entrant’s original art works. Artwork that differs markedly from the submitted image will be disqualified.
16. Shipments of accepted works to and from the show will be arranged with the authorized shipper at the expense of the artists. No works will be shipped directly to Southwest Gallery. Hand delivery of works by the artists to the gallery is allowed. All work is to be delivered at the appointed date and time. Pick up of all work is at the appointed date and time as set forth in the shipping instructions.
AWARDS: $23,750 in Cash & Merchandise
• $5,000 Best of Show, plus advertiser’s award.
• $2500 Award of Excellence, plus advertiser’s award
• $2000 Award of Excellence, plus advertiser’s award
• $1500 Award of Excellence, plus advertiser’s award
• $1000 Award of Excellence, plus advertiser’s award
• $750 Award of Excellence
• $1500 Quick Draw - Artists’ Choice Award
Friday, April 7, 2017: Artists evening social / dinner
Saturday morning, April 8, 2016: Quick Draw - details to be announced.
Saturday, April 8, 2016 - Opening reception and Awards Presentation at Southwest Gallery.
Exhibition: April 8 - May 15, 2017
RESPONSIBILITIES/LIABILITIES OF THE ARTIST:
By entering the show, you agree that you have read and will abide by all rules outlined in this prospectus. The Outdoor Painters Society, Plein Air Southwest Salon 2016 and Southwest Gallery are not responsible for the loss or damage of any artwork, for any reason, no matter what the cause. By submitting artwork to this exhibition, you understand and agree with this statement. Insurance for any loss or damage to artwork is the sole responsibility of the participating artist. The artist also agrees to handle the shipment and removal of accepted works as set forth in the shipping instructions.
For general information about the Outdoor Painters Society or Plein Air Southwest Salon please visit: www.outdoorpainterssociety.com
For specific questions about Plein Air Southwest and the Prospectus, contact: Tina Bohlman email@example.com
For questions regarding dues and membership, contact :Randy Saffle,
DO NOT CONTACT SOUTHWEST GALLERY