National Association of Women Artists, Inc.
315 West 39th Street, Suites 508 and 1210, New York, NY 10018
212-675-1616 | www.thenawa.org | firstname.lastname@example.org
NAWA, in association with the Mulberry Street Library
10 Jersey Street, New York, NY 10012 (at the corner of Mulberry Street)
JULY 1 – SEPTEMBER 7, 2017
RECEPTION: SATURDAY, JULY 15, 2017, 2-4PM
Summer in the city--oh, boy! Where do we go to refresh our spirits? Renew our energy? Find new paths? To the library! …or AWAY! Show us your way. Motivate us, share your joy, share your leisure—share your summertime pleasure (or frustrations). Send us your art!
The Mulberry Street Library in Manhattan's Soho District invites us to exhibit our art this summer in their air- conditioned Community Room Gallery. Touch the imagination of downtown city dwellers and NYC visitors with your art.
ELIGIBILITY: This NAWA juried exhibit is only open to regular juried-in NAWA MEMBERS (It is not open to Associate Members, Student Members or non-members). Submissions are handled through www.OnlineJuriedShows.com.
• MAY 25, 2017: Online submission entry deadline. When deadline is reached the competition is automatically closed to submissions in the www.OnlineJuriedShows.com program.
• JUNE 8, 2017: Notification of acceptance posted online on NAWA’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/TheNAWA) and on the www.OnlineJuriedShows.com page.
• JUNE 19-21, 2017: SHIP ART via FEDEX or UPS (with prepaid Return Shipping Label and a check for $50 (fifty dollars) made payable to NAWA's art handler, Mike DePompeo). Accepted art MUST ARRIVE between June 26-29, 2017 at: Mike Depompeo, AWAY! /NAWA, 5-00 First Street, Fair Lawn NJ 07410. HAND DELIVERED ART must be brought to the Mulberry Street Library on Friday, June 30, 2017 between 12 Noon-1PM. DO NOT SHIP ART TO THE LIBRARY, IT WILL NOT BE HUNG.
• JUNE 30, 2017: Exhibition is installed in the Lower Level Community Room Gallery at the Mulberry Street Library (10 Jersey Street, at the corner Mulberry Street).
• JULY 15, 2017: RECEPTION Saturday, July 15, 2-4PM, Lower Level Community Room Gallery.
• SEPTEMBER 8, 2017: Exhibit is removed. Hand delivered art is to be picked up 1-3PM. Shipped art will be returned ASAP.
• Entry fee $35.00 for 2 entries and $5 for each additional entry (up to maximum of 5). Fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
• ENTRY IS DONE THROUGH ONLINE JURIED SHOWS: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com. The entry form must be filled out in its entirety, including Framed Dimensions for 2-D work, or Dimensions and Weight for wall hanging sculpture. Free standing sculpture is not accepted. Ceiling hung sculpture is not accepted. No nudes.
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES: Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
Before loading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx.
Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
• ALL WORKS MUST BE FOR SALE: Artist receives- 70%, NAWA- 30%
• Price of entered work cannot be changed.
Maximum size for 2-D wall artwork, including frame: Height 30” x Width 30”.
Maximum size for wall hung sculpture: Height 25” x Width 25” x Depth 5” with maximum weight 15 pounds (no exceptions).
• No saw-tooth hangers. All works must be wired to gallery standards, able to support weight and must meet professional presentation standards as interpreted by the NAWA Exhibition Committee. NAWA reserves the right to refuse work not professionally presented.
• Plexiglas is required for all works on paper. Exception: pastels may be framed in glass.
• Unframed artwork must be finished on all sides.
• All work must remain on exhibit during the entire show.
• Artists agree to assume all shipping expenses related to exhibition. Shipped work via FedEx or UPS MUST have Prepaid, Bar Coded, Return Shipping Label included (no counter labels).
• Please ship in sturdy reusable cartons with adequate packing materials, but NO PACKING PEANUTS. Artwork shipped with packing peanuts will not be accepted. Tell your shipper “no peanuts.”
• Include in the shipment:
1. That prepaid return shipping label,
2. Accepted exhibition artwork with ID label attached,
3. One-page resume or artist's statement -- to be loosely attached/ loosely taped to the back of your artwork.
• Please mark the name of the exhibition on the outside of the box: AWAY! / NAWA.
• Accepted artwork is to be shipped to: Mike DePompeo, AWAY! / NAWA, 5-00 First Street, Fair Lawn, NJ, 07049-and MUST arrive at this address on June 26-28, 2017.
• Include in shipment a check for $50 (fifty dollars), made out to Mike Depompeo to pay for delivery services.
• To contact Mike DePompeo for any reason, call 201-873-1495, or email: email@example.com
• Hand delivered artwork is to be brought to Mulberry Street Library ONLY ON THE DAY THE EXHIBIT IS TO BE INSTALLED: Friday, June 30, 2017, 12-1PM. Go to Mulberry Street Library, Lower Level Community Room, 10 Jersey Street (corner of Mulberry Street), New York, NY 10012.
DO NOT MAIL YOUR ART TO THE LIBRARY'S ADDRESS. IT WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY CONTACT ANITA PEARL AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
The entry application & payment will serve as the entrant's agreement to all conditions (including the waiver below) set forth in this prospectus. Entries will be disqualified for failure to follow these instructions. National Association of Women Artists, Inc.
I, the undersigned artist, hereby declare my intention to exhibit my artwork as described in my entry form, in the National Association of Women Artists, Inc., exhibition entitled, “AWAY!,” to be held at The Mulberry Street Library, 10 Jersey Street, New York, NY, 10012, and to leave said artwork until the specified removal date on the prospectus.
In consideration of the display of my artwork, I hereby declare I am the owner and creator of the original artwork being submitted by me, both as the artwork’s physical manifestation and the copyright of artwork. I accept full responsibility for any casualty of any kind while in the National Association of Women Artists, Inc. (NAWA) Online Exhibition. I hereby waive any and all claims against the National Association of Women Artists, Inc. as well as their employees, officers, directors and committee personnel. Nevertheless, for the purpose of this agreement, I agree that the stated value of the artwork shall be One ($1.00) Dollar, in the event of any loss or damage to the piece of artwork.
I agree to allow an image of my artwork being exhibited to be used without charge for advertising and/or promotion in the furtherance of the Exhibition, and for any purposes including without limitation traditional media, social media, website as well as public relations, prior to and/or after the Exhibition.
My work is available for sale at the price hereinbefore agreed. I agree that if my work is sold during the exhibition, I will pay NAWA a commission of 30%, and I will retain 70% of the selling price.
Point of release clause: the work on exhibition is considered part of the exhibition from point of delivery (either by hand or by mail) and until actual pick up/shipping after close of exhibition. NAWA retains the right of discretion to decide if artworks do not meet the requirements of our show standards, or contain any inflammatory or offensive materials.
Labels: NAWA is a not-for-profit art organization, will not list anything other than the name of the artists, the title of the work, dimensions, medium and price on the labels.
In the event of a dispute with regard to this Waiver Agreement, we agree that all disputes must be adjudicated in a State Court in the County, City and State of New York (i.e. Manhattan), under the Laws of the State of New York, without regard to choice of Law rules.
Note: The use of the National Association of Women Artists, Inc.’s logo, without prior written permission is prohibited. The use of the registered Trademark Seal and the logo of the National Association of Women Artists, Inc. for any personal or business use on any documents, postcards, invitations, and other promotional materials and communications is a violation of law.
The letters NAWA may be used by regular juried members (i.e., not Associate or Student members), after their names, on all artworks, signifying their membership.
Upon entering this competition, I agree to the policies of this Waiver.