315 West 39th Street, Suite 1210, New York, NY 10018 212-675-1616 www.thenawa.org
Summer Small Works Exhibition
July 12 – August 8, 2017 (5 weeks)
A juried exhibition for NAWA members AND non-members
Exhibition will be held at the
NAWA Gallery, 315 West 39th Street, Suite 508, New York, NY 10018
Deadline Date: Online submission entry deadline: May 28, 2017 When deadline is reached, the competition is automatically closed to submissions in the www.OnlineJuriedShows.com program.
Notification of accepted artists will be listed on www.thenawa.org and the NAWA Facebook page www.facebook.com/TheNAWA, by June 6, 2017.
Date works to be received at NAWA: June 27 – 30, 2017, 10am – 4:30pm
Dates of Show: July 12 – August 8, 2017
Reception Date: July 20, 2017, 5-7pm
Pack up of Artwork: Hand pick-up - August 9 and 10, 2017, from 10am – 4:30pm. Shipped works will go out ASAP. Work not picked up on these dates is subject to a $10 per business day storage fee.
Three prizes will be awarded during this exhibition.
First place prize $150
Second place prize $100
Third place prize $75
This is a national juried summer exhibition, open to all professional women artists age 18 years and older.
• NAWA Artists: 2 entries: $45 entry fee. You may add up to 5 additional entries (over the 2 entry artworks) for an additional fee of $5 per entry.
• Non-members: 2 entries: $50 entry fee. You may add up to 5 additional entries (over the 2 entry artworks) for an additional fee of $5 per entry.
• Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
1. Maximum size for 2-D wall works and wall hanging sculpture including frame: 15” x 15” x 5”.
2. (No exceptions.) Weight limit 10 pounds.
3. No ceiling-hung artworks will be accepted. Freestanding sculpture will be accepted. Max. weight 35 lbs. 15” x 15” max size. ALL WORKS MUST BE FOR SALE.
4. No sawtooth hangers. All works must be wired to gallery standards and must meet professional presentation standards as interpreted by the NAWA Exhibition Committee. (No chipped frames or dirty mats or loose Plexiglas.)
5. Plexiglass required for all works on paper. Exception: pastels can be framed in glass.
6. Accepted works cannot be substituted and must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
7. All works MUST be original - no reproductions or Giclee Prints.
8. Nudes are acceptable. Graphic violence and/or lewd sexual content prohibited.
9. Work will not be hung if damaged in transit. We will notify you if the work is damaged in transit.
10. Please do not submit works that require extensive directions for hanging or displaying.
11. Unframed canvas art work should have the sides painted and finished and not left white.
12. NAWA reserves the right to refuse work not professionally presented.
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES:
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx.
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
1. NAWA receives 30% commission on all sales. Artist will receive 70%.
2. Price of entered work cannot be changed once submitted.
1. Artists agree to assume all shipping expenses related to exhibition.
2. Shipped work MUST include a prepaid bar coded return shipping label (UPS or FEDEX only– no counter labels).
3. Please ship in sturdy reusable small cartons with adequate packing materials.
4. Please tape return shipping label, along with the exhibition artwork ID label and a one-page resume to the back of your artwork.
5. NO U.S. Postage Stamps and NO PACKING PEANUTS. Your work will be returned if it contains packing peanuts.
6. Please mark the name of the exhibition on the outside of the box: SUMMER SMALL WORKS/NAWA
7. Accepted artwork may be hand delivered OR shipped – and MUST arrive at the NAWA Office (Suite 508), on June 27-30, 2017 between 10am and 4pm.
8. PLEASE send SMALL artworks in SMALL boxes, as storage space is limited.
9. For professional pick-up and delivery to and from NAWA with a fee of $50, please contact: Mike DePompeo (201) 873-1495 or email: email@example.com.
1. The entry application and payment will serve as the entrant’s agreement to all conditions (including the waiver) set forth in this prospectus.
2. Entries will be disqualified for failure to follow these instructions.
I, the undersigned artist, hereby declare my intention to exhibit my artwork as described in my entry form, in the National Association of Women Artists, Inc., “Summer Small Works Exhibition," to be held at the NAWA Gallery, 315 West 39th Street, Suite 508, New York, NY 10018, and to leave said artwork until the specified removal date on the prospectus.
In consideration of the display of my artwork, I hereby declare I am the owner and creator of the original artwork being submitted by me, both as the artwork’s physical manifestation and the copyright of artwork. I accept full responsibility for any and all damages, loss, theft, and/or any other casualty of any kind while in the NAWA Gallery’s care, custody or possession. I hereby waive any and all claims against the NAWA Gallery, as well as their employees, officers, directors and committee personnel.
Nevertheless, for the purpose of this agreement, I agree that the stated value of the artwork shall be One ($1.00) Dollar, in the event of any loss or damage to the piece of artwork.
I agree to allow an image of my artwork being exhibited to be used without charge for advertising and/or promotion in the furtherance of the Exhibition, and for any purposes including without limitation traditional media, social media, website as well as public relations, prior to and/or after the Exhibition.
My work is available for sale at the price hereinbefore agreed. I agree that if my work is sold during the exhibition, I will pay NAWA a commission of 30% percent and I will retain 70% percent of the selling price.
Point of release clause: the work on exhibition is considered part of the exhibition from point of delivery (either by hand or by mail) and until actual pick up/shipping after close of exhibition.
I understand that my work may not be hung if it fails to meet professional presentation standards (as determined by the Exhibitions committee), arrives damaged, differs significantly from the jpeg image submitted, is over the depth, width and height limit and (for wall and free standing sculpture) is above the weight, depth, width and height limits.
NAWA retains the right of discretion to decide if artworks do not meet the requirements of our show standards, or contain any inflammatory or offensive materials.
Labels: NAWA a not-for-profit art organization, will not list anything other than the name of the artists, the title of the work, dimensions, medium and price on the labels.
In the event of a dispute with regard to this Waiver Agreement, we agree that all disputes must be adjudicated in a State Court in the County, City and State of New York (i.e. Manhattan), under the Laws of the State of New York, without regard to choice of Law rules.
Note: The use of the National Association of Women Artists, Inc.’s logo, without prior written permission is prohibited. The use of the registered Trademark Seal and the logo of the National Association of Women Artists, Inc. for any personal or business use on any documents, postcards, invitations, and other promotional materials and communications is a violation of law. The letters NAWA. may be used by regular juried members (i.e., not Associate or Student members), after their names, on all artworks, signifying their membership.