National Association of Women Artists, Inc.
Innovative Crafts 2017
315 West 39th Street, Suite 1210, New York, New York 10018
Our history is our future…be a part of it!
A Juried Show of Decorative and Contemporary Applied Arts
June 1 2017 - August 1, 2017
This is an Online Exhibition Only
“Applied Arts and Design require highly developed techniques and skills. This exhibition will showcase the skill and emotion that created beautiful and sometimes functional objects used in everyday life - a bridge between fine arts, decorative applied arts and experimental art forms.
One award winner will be selected and featured on www.nawaonlinegallery.org with her own page. This page will include bio, artist statement, several images of her work and links to her website. www.thenawa.org will have links to this exhibition on the home page.
• Exhibition is open to all NAWA members and also non-members (women artists 18+)
• All applied arts will be considered including the following disciplines: jewelry, stained glass, pottery, book arts, tapestry, needlepoint, quilting, metal work, wood work, origami, papier-mâché, basket weaving and mosaics.
• Entry fee for this exhibition is through: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com only.
• $35.00 fee for N.A.W.A. members and $45.00 fee for non-members for 2 entries, and each additional entry up to a total of 5 is $10 each. Non-refundable fees are payable by credit card/ PayPal through www.OnlineJuriedShows.com. All entries must be paid by the entry deadline.
• You will receive a confirmation from OnlineJuriedShows for your accepted entry.
• Every artist is entitled to submit up to five (5) artworks. All works MUST be original works of the artist.
• In the event of a sale: artist: 70 % NAWA: 30% Artists are responsible for all shipping charges to the buyer of the work(s). Works is not for sale please mark NFS. Price of entered work cannot be changed once entry is received.
• Accepted works cannot be substituted and must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
• Invitations, press releases, email blasts to our mailing list, promotional materials and advertising will be handled by the National Association of Women Artists, Inc. (NAWA).
May 14, 2017: Online submission entry deadline. Online entry application submission will close). When deadline is reached the competition is automatically closed for submissions in the www.OnlineJuriedShows.com program.
May 19, 2017: Notification of accepted artists listed on www.nawaonlinegallery.org., www.thenawa.org. and will be posted on N.A.W.A.’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/theNAWA). An eblast will be sent out to N.A.W.A. members.
June 1, 2017: Exhibition debuts online
Note: After the exhibition ends on August 1, 2017, the exhibition will be archived online for an extended period of time. After this date, artists are free to sell their works by other means.
NOTE: Accepted Artists will be listed on the NAWA Facebook page: (www.facebook.com/theNAWA), on www.nawaonlinegallery.org and www.thenawa.org. An eblast will be sent to all members.
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES:
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx.
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
• The entry application and payment will serve as the entrant’s agreement to all conditions (including the Waiver) set forth in this prospectus. (See DOWNLOADABLE PROSPECTUS ABOVE for Waiver) Entries will be disqualified for failure to follow these instructions.
• Submitting works of art is no guarantee that the applicant will be accepted into this exhibition.
• N.A.W.A. is not responsible for Copyright protection for images submitted to this exhibition. Copyright protection of images is the responsibility of the artist.