E X H I B I T I O N
Speaking of Trees
in support of
Studio C Gallery
Santa Fe Artist Colony
2349 S Santa Fe Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90058
June 3, 2017 through June 18, 2017
Saturday, June 3
6pm to 9pm
Awards Presentation: 7:30 pm
Saturday-Sunday open from Noon to 4PM
Monday-Friday By Appointment
To make an appointment -StudioCLA148@gmail.com
This is a members’ only exhibit.
Entry fees from other than a Woman Painters West member will be considered a donation.
First Place $500
Second Place $300
Third Place $200
Three Honorable Mentions (3)
Juror and Curator: PEGGY NICHOLS
founded the Studio C Gallery, located at the historic Santa Fe Art Colony in downtown Los Angeles. Studio C Gallery is a space for women artists to flourish. Nichols was born in Los Angeles. She was educated at the Kansas City Art Institute, UCLA, and the Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art. Her focus has been on traditional figurative drawing and painting and narrative painting, with particular interest in dream narrative.
Deadline for entries and fees: Monday, May 8, 2017
Acceptance Notification: Friday, May 12
Artwork Take-in: Thursday, May 25 - 11 am-1 pm
Artwork Pickup: Monday, June 19 – 11 am-1 pm
Drop-off and Pick-up locations will be provided for the Westside and Valley.
Accepted artists will be asked to volunteer.
All entries go through www.OnlineJuriedShows.com
RULES OF ENTRY REQUIREMENTS - - - PLEASE READ COMPLETELY AS SOME REQUIREMENTS HAVE CHANGED
From this quote from Rabindranath Tagore:
Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
SUPPORTING THE TREEPEOPLE
The TreePeople inspires and supports the people of LA to come together to plant and care for trees, harvest the rain, and renew depleted landscapes. They unite with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure city. Learn more: www.treepeople.org/
• Work must be your own original artwork, not done under an instructor’s supervision, and not exhibited in any previous WPW show. Work completed in last three years only. Only wall-hung pieces are accepted.
• This exhibit for WPW members only.
• No ornate framing. Neutral colored frames and mats of professional quality and in good condition.
• Wiring must be in good condition and substantial enough for the weight of the artwork. Wiring must be wrapped with tape at ends. No saw-tooth hangers. All artwork should be ready to hang on the wall for the exhibition.
• Canvas edges should be painted if no frame.
• Delivered work must match the image juried. No substitutions of accepted works will be allowed.
• All accepted work must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
• Prices quoted on the entry form may not be changed after acceptance. All artwork must be for sale.
• Attach a label to the back upper right corner of each piece and have a signed release form to give to the volunteer at take in. See page 3 of this Prospectus for labels. One label is required for each painting accepted.
• Use Framed Size in OnlineJuredShows.
• No size limit for artwork – except work dropped-off for transport to the gallery may not exceed 36”x40”.
• Weight not to exceed 30 lb.
January Garabedian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlene Weinstock: email@example.com
• Email notifications of acceptance will be sent by May 12, 2017.
• WPW reserves the right to reproduce accepted artwork for publicity and documentation purposes. The artist retains all copyrights in the artwork
• Commission 40% (The Tree People 20% and Studio C Gallery 20%) on exhibit sales.
Complete rules and guidelines regarding artwork entered for exhibition can be found in the WPW “Constitution and Bylaws.” A link to the document is online at www.womenpainterswest.org/about.html.
Artwork will be handled with reasonable care. Women Painters West and Studio C Gallery and its representatives will not be responsible for loss, theft or damage of artworks while in the gallery’s possession or in transit. By entering this show Artist agrees to all conditions in this prospectus.
Artwork for consideration by juror must be entered in the OnlineJuriedShows.com website by 11:59 p.m. PST Monday, May 8.
$45 for two entries and each additional entry $5 up to 6 total. All fees are non-refundable, must be paid by the entry deadline, and are payable through the OnlineJuriedShows.com website. Credit Card or PayPal are accepted.
Entries not meeting the criteria listed above will be disqualified and the entry fee will not be refunded.
DIGITAL IMAGES OF EACH PIECE
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
Go to www.OnlineJuriedShows.com to submit your entry.
If you do not have an account, you will need to set one up. Go here to set up an account: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/CreateNewAccount.aspx. Follow the instructions on the screen. Use images you have on your computer to submit your entry.