Vista Chamber of Commerce
Shades of Red 2017
The awards will be presented during the Strawberry Festival on May 28, 2017 (90,000 people attend) with the winners being announced on the Main Stage at 4:00 p.m.
The entry fee is $25 for the first two entries and $10 for each additional entry. You may submit up to five entries for consideration in the exhibition via OnlineJuriedShows.com. Entry deadline is May 10, 2017. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Krista Timberlake is a renowned artist and art professional. She received her BFA from the University of Massachusetts.
1. Official Entry - Entry is being facilitated through an online jury process. Upload digital images of your work to www.OnlineJuriedShows.com.
2. A MAXIMUM of five pieces may be submitted. All Artwork must be for sale, in good taste and suitable for all audiences, as the gallery is located within a public facility.
3. Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
4. Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
5. Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
6. If accepted, please clearly identify each piece with the title of artwork, dimensions, price, Artist’s name, contact information including telephone number and e-mail address. This information must be placed on the back of the artwork. All works will remain in the exhibition until close of show on August 11, 2017. Unsold work MUST be picked up between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on August 11, 2017 or by special arrangements.
7. Artists will be notified via email on or before May 15, 2017, and by self-checking the www.OnlineJuriedShows.com website posted with published judge’s results by May 15, 2017. Read your payment receipt, it has the step by step instructions on how to log into your account to see your jury results.
8. Purchase Process: All artwork will be brokered by the artist or their representative with your given contact information. During the Strawberry Festival and the Taste of Vista there will be a representative of the Vista Chamber of Commerce that will facilitate any sales on that day. A red dot will appear on the Exhibition Art Tag which will indicate the art is sold and is available to the new owner as of August 11, 2017. A donation of a 20% commission is suggested to the Vista Chamber of Commerce.
9. Must be 18 or older to apply.
10. Insurance/Shipping: Every effort will be made to assure that the work exhibited is protected while in the custody of the Vista Chamber of Commerce. However, the artist is responsible for all insurance on exhibited works. It is recommended that shipped pieces use Plexiglas. Glass is used at Artist’s Risk. Shipped entries must have return shipping prepaid and prearranged.
1. Artists will be notified via email on or before May 15, 2017, and by self-checking the OnlineJuriedShows.com website posted with published judge’s results by May 15, 2017.
2. Delivery of accepted Art: Only accepted artwork can be hand delivered to the Vista Chamber of Commerce, 127 Main Street, Vista, Ca. 92084 on May 22, 2017 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Artwork must be labeled on the back of the art, with the artist’s name and phone number, title of the work, and price. All hanging hardware (wires only) needs to be affixed and art ready to hang. Professional, high quality durable framing or gallery wrap is expected.
3. If the Exhibition Manager deems the art unsuitable for hanging, the art will be disqualified from the exhibition. All artwork must look exactly the same as when it was entered online. Artwork can be disqualified if changed or embellished after the official online submittal.
4. Exhibited work must be for sale. A donation of 20% of the sales price to the Vista Chamber of Commerce is suggested.
This Exhibit will be on display during the Vista Strawberry Festival through the month of July including the Taste of Vista in June which features an Art Walk paired with Micro Brews tastings and restaurant tastings. The winners and prizes will be announced during the Strawberry Festival on Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 4 p.m. on the Main Stage!
By submitting, the artist does hereby acknowledge and agree to all show rules as listed in this prospectus. The artist waives, releases, and discharges the Vista Chamber of Commerce, its staff and volunteers or agents, and any exhibition jurors, if applicable, from any and all actions, suits, damages, claims, and demands whatsoever for any damage to art and/or personal liability. The Vista Chamber of Commerce or its agents accept no responsibility for losses due to damaged/broken/lost or stolen art. Artist accepts all responsibility for art submitted for exhibition.