14th ANNUAL REGIONAL ART SHOW
About The Living Center at Sunny Vista
Sunny Vista Living Center is an independent 501(c) (3) non-profit skilled care and rehabilitation facility serving Colorado Springs since 1911. We strive to work in partnership with the community to serve adults with skilled care and short-term rehabilitation needs. This year we are celebrating our 14th year hosting the Annual Art Show for the direct benefit of the residents at Sunny Vista!
About The Retreat at Sunny Vista; Opening Fall, 2017
The Retreat at Sunny Vista will be a state of the art, assisted living and memory care 501(c) (3) non-profit facility. We will work hand in hand with the community to serve adults with their memory care and assisted living needs. With the addition of this facility, Sunny Vista will become a complete healthcare campus for our senior population.
THOUGHTS FROM OUR JUROR
Karen Khoury is an abstract/minimal painter whose work, on the formal level, deals with the inherent qualities and properties of how paint can present itself in both the two-dimensional surface and three dimensional forms. Karen’s work has been exhibited in New York, Ohio, Indiana, Idaho, and Colorado. Her work is supported by both private and corporate collectors; appearing in collections in New York, Boston, London, New Jersey, Los Angeles, Brooklyn, Denver, Colorado Springs, Florida, Vail, and many other cities as well. Karen has her BFA from Boise State University and her MFA in studio practice from Ohio University.
Karen’s work reflects the resources that are available to her, being a busy woman. Karen’s paintings are usually small and intimate because she doesn’t have long periods of time to put them together. Karen started painting on wood scraps and used house and craft paint that she could purchase at smaller hobby shops rather than specialty shops.
• Best of Show $500
• 1st Place $300 per category
• 2nd Place $200 per category
• Corporate Awards, Honorable Mentions, People’s Choice and several special awards will receive ribbons
• Oil and Acrylic paintings
• Original two dimensional artwork only.
• Size limited to 40” x 30” including frame.
• No Classroom generated work, giclee’ or digital paintings.
• All artwork must be for sale.
• Artwork must be pre-wired and pre--sented in a professional manner (no saw tooth hooks).
• Selection is not guaranteed. The juror has the final decision and reserves the right to reject or re-categorize any piece.
Fees and Commissions
• Entry/Jury fee is $15 per entry.
• All fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
• 25% of sales will be donated to the residents of Sunny Vista Living Center and are tax deductible.
How to Enter
• Registration will be completed online at OnlineJuriedShows.com.
• Deadline for entry will be May 10th.
• Questions call 719-471-8700.
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
• All accepted artwork must be hand delivered to Sunny Vista on May 17th (8am to 1pm).
Utmost care will be taken in the handling of artwork. However, Sunny Vista Living Center will not be responsible for loss or damage to any artwork submitted for this exhibition. Insurance is the responsibility of the artist. Sunny Vista reserves the right to reject any artwork which is not appropriate for an exhibit at this location.
Wednesday, May 17 - Intake of Artwork (8am to 1pm)
Friday, May 19 - Reception and Silent Auction (4pm to 7pm)
Monday, June 19 - Show Closes/Artwork Pickup (9am to 4pm)