Pastel Society of the West Coast
Pastels USA 31st Annual Open Exhibition
PASTELS USA 2017
SEPTEMBER 19, 2017 THROUGH OCTOBER 21, 2017
at the A SENSE OF PLACE GALLERY
There will be more than $14,000 in awards including a Best of Show Award of $1,800.
• Open to all artists over the age of 18.
• 80% of the piece entered must be dry pastel, composition of work may not be taken from published work, no use of optical projection, and no student work produced under supervision is eligible.
• Minimum framed size is 25 united inches, and maximum framed size is 80 united inches.
• ALL ENTERED WORK MUST BE FOR SALE.
• DRY PASTELS ONLY.
• Non-Members will not be eligible to earn Signature Status.
• Must have been completed within the last 2 years.
• All accepted work will be shown in our exhibition catalog. Accepted images may be used in Pastels USA advertising.
• MUST NOT HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO A PREVIOUS PSWC ANNUAL OPEN INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION.
• JURY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE; OVER-PAYMENT OF ANY FEE WILL BE CONSIDERED A DONATION TO OUR SCHOLARSHIP FUND AND WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
• PSWC Member: 3 for $40, each additional entry is $5. up to 5 for $50.
• Non-member: 3 for $50, each additional entry is $10. up to 5 paintings.
• Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
• A maximum of 1 painting per artist will be accepted into the exhibit.
• CREDIT CARDS OR PAYPAL ACCEPTED.
Entering Your Images:
• You can enter your images online at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com.
• Entries must be for sale with a price.
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx.
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
Judge of Awards
Jurors of Acceptance
Pastels USA will be the 31st Annual International Open Exhibit presented by the Pastel Society of the West Coast. It will be held at the A SENSE OF PLACE GALLERY, FRESNO, CA. There will be more than $14,000 in awards including a Best of Show Award of $1800. Your work will be displayed on the OJS website for 30 days and on the Pastel Society of the West Coast Web-site www.pswc.ws. WE PROVIDE A COLOR CATALOG TO ALL ACCEPTED ARTISTS. ALL ACCEPTED ARTISTS HAVE THEIR PAINTING(S) DISPLAYED IN THE CATALOG. The Pastel Society of the West Coast is the second largest pastel society in the United States.
A 40% commission will be taken on all sales and is handled by the A SENSE OF PLACE GALLERY, FRESNO, CA.
Awards are about 40% cash prizes, and the rest are gift certificates. All awards are named on behalf of donors rather than numbered awards. There are over 30 awards given.
1. Open/close date for submitting their work online: MARCH 15 to JULY 15, 2017.
2. Notifications sent out: On or before, Friday August 11, 2017.
3. Drop off of artwork: hand delivery-SEPTEMBER 16, 2017- 12:30 to 3:30.
4. SHIPPING DATES between August 29, through September 5 to our Shipping Agent AND THOSE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SENT WITH THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER.
5. Closing reception: October 21, 1:30 to 3:30, Awards given out 2:00.
6. AFTER CLOSE OF RECEPTION 3:30 ALL PAINTINGS MUST BE PICKED UP.
All accepted work will be shown in our exhibition catalog. Accepted images may be used in Pastels USA advertising.
Insuring of artwork is the responsibility of the artist. PSWC suggests that participants carry separate insurance.
All reasonable care will be taken with paintings and frames. However, the Pastel Society of the West Coast, A Sense of Place Gallery, Fresno, Ca. and officers and volunteers will not be responsible for loss or damage to paintings or frames, however caused.
ENTRY INTO THIS EXHIBIT CONSTITUTES AGREEMENT WITH THIS UNDERSTANDING.