Plein Air Washington Artists
2017 Little Gems
2nd Annual Little Gems Juried Art Show
Scott Milo Gallery, Anacortes WA
June 2 - July 29, 2017
Opening Ceremony (June 2, Awards at 4pm)
$400 - Best of Show
$250 - 1st Place
$150 - 2nd Place
$100 - 3rd Place
$100 - Best Impression
$100 - Best Use of Color
$100 - Best Use of Light
Closing Ceremony (July 29, 3-5pm)
$100 -People's Choice
March 6 - April 20 - Entries will be open to submit online.
April 20, 11:59 p.m. PST - Deadline for entries.
April 25 - Acceptance announcements emailed.
May 30 - Accepted art must arrive at Scott Milo Gallery between 11-2.
June 2 - Opening ceremony and awards. Awards at 4pm, artist reception 5-6, public reception and Artwalk, 6-9pm.
July 1 - Alternates will be contacted to replace any art sold during the month of June.
July 7 - Artwalk 6-9, alternate's art will have been added to the show.
July 29 - Closing Ceremony 3-5pm. Unsold art may be picked up at closing.
August 1 - Final date for unsold art to be picked up, between 11-2.
JUDGE - Lois Griffel
Lois is a passionate master Impressionist artist who, for a period of time, was under the guidance of Henry Hensche and has expanded the color principles of her predecessors into her own style. She is the author of the books, Painting Impressionist Color and Impressionist Landscapes. After the Little Gems show opens, Lois will be conducting a workshop at the house of Sylvia Carlton and in the field on Bainbridge Island, June 4-7, 2017. You may find out more information on our website www.pleinairwashington.com.
ENTRY FEES -
You may enter up to six pieces of art, but only up to three will be accepted into the show, in total. This is a MEMBER ONLY SHOW. If you are not a member, you can join PAWA by paying the yearly dues ($30), along with your entry fees upon checkout after entering.
- $30 for the first three entries, $10 for each entry after, up to six (6) total entries.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
- Entries will only be accepted through onlinejuriedshows.com.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS -
- To be eligible to participate in the show, you must be a member of Plein Air Washington. SEE ABOVE "ENTRY FEES."
- This is a small works show. Art must be 11x14 (or a total of 154 square inches) or smaller. This does not include frame size.
- Entry is open to two-dimensional paintings of all genre, plein air or studio. Just enter your best little gems!
- There is no timeline on when the art was created.
- It CANNOT be of art that has been accepted and hung into the Little Gems show in the past.
- All art must be available for sale. There will be a 50% commission to the gallery on items sold.
- This is a maritime and tourist town. Patrons will be encouraged to take their purchased art before end of show. Any art sold in June will be replaced with alternate art prior to the first Friday Art Walk in July. We will contact you to see if your art is still available and ready to hang. If not, we will pass on to the next alternate. All entries are judged on a numbering system and the alternates will be contacted by their rank. Last year we were able to hang several more pieces from the alternates' list!
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES:
- Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
- Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
- Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
ACCEPTED ART -
-Must be received at Scott Milo Gallery May 30, between 11-2. PAWA will carpool paintings, based on your geographical location, to get all work in to gallery in a timely and orderly fashion. Information as to who to submit to will be in your acceptance letter or you will be called. If you are too far away to deliver art to our designated people, you may ship art to Karen Bakke. NO art is to shipped directly to the gallery.
- Must be suitably framed or gallery-wrapped and ready to hang with wire to gallery quality standards. If you'd like to have your work framed at the Scott Milo Gallery, you may do so under your own arrangements. PAWA and Scott Milo Gallery reserve the right not to hang accepted art if it does not meet standard gallery quality standards.
All reasonable care will be taken with paintings and submissions. PAWA, its officers, volunteers and the Scott Milo Gallery shall not be held responsible for the loss and damage to paintings, frames or digital entries.
By entering the show, you agree that you have read and will abide by all rules outlined in this prospectus; you understand and agree with this statement.
Insurance for any loss or damage to artwork is the sole responsibility of the participating artist.
The artist grants permission to reproduce work for publicity purposes, both in print and digital galleries. This permission includes use of images and supporting information in the yearly publication of Washington En Plein Air Volume VI. Copyright will be attributed to the artist. Entry into this exhibition constitutes agreement with all conditions set forth in this prospectus and is your commitment to participate.
For specific questions about Plein Air Washington please go to www.pleinairwashington.com
For help regarding the show or this prospectus, email Karen Bakke at email@example.com or by calling 360-421-3178.
Please print this prospectus for your records. The prospectus and application will be removed from the website after entry the deadline has passed.