La Jolla Art Association
Le Fleur Fatale 2017
• This is a juried exhibition sponsored by the La Jolla Art Association (LJAA).
• This competition is open to all artists residing in Southern California.
• All work entered must be for sale.
• Figurative, abstract, landscape, impressionist and portrait works that celebrate the world of flowers and/or the spirit of Le Fleur Fatale
• All wall hung work must weigh less than 20 pounds, and must be prepared properly for hanging (see below). LJAA reserves the right to reject all work not presentable.
• For all work not wall hung, the artist must be prepared to supply a base or pedestal (the gallery has only a small supply of pedestals).
1. Work on canvas or panel: any medium such as oil, acrylic, montage, photography printed on canvas, etc. Giclees or other forms of reproduction (except signed & numbered limited editions of prints or photography) are not acceptable.
2. Work on paper: any medium such as watercolor, pastel, pencil, photography, etc. Giclees or other forms of reproduction (except for signed & numbered limited editions of prints or photography) are not acceptable.
3. Work in 2 or 3 dimensions: ceramic, bronze, cloth, glass, etc.
4. Other Media: Mixed media, montage, digital art (digital compositions, assemblages or combination of photographs or other media), etc. Giclees or other forms of reproduction (except for signed and numbered limited editions of prints or photography) are not acceptable.
Awards & Prize Money:
Awards will be decided after the show is hung and displayed on Award night, Saturday, April 29.
There will be a ribbon and cash award for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners as well as a Honorable Mentions to be determined by the juror.
• 1st place: $175
• 2nd place: $125
• 3rd place: $75
• LJAA Members in good standing: $20.00 for the first work submitted and $6.00 for each additional work.
• All others: $30.00 for the first work submitted and $9.00 for each additional work.
Delivery of Accepted Artwork:
All work must be hand delivered to the Gallery at 8100 Paseo del Ocaso, Suite B, in La Jolla Shores. Work must be delivered during the following times: Saturday April 22, from 11-5p.m. or Sunday, April 23 from 11am to 5 p.m.
Pickup of Accepted Artwork:
All work must be picked up on Sunday May 7, 2017, from 11 am to 4 p.m.
The LJAA will take a 25% commission on any sale, as well as collect the sales tax and pay any credit card fees. All packing and shipping fees to be paid by the artist.
• There is a 20 work limit to the number of works submitted by an artist.
• Submissions to Online Juried Shows are open from now until April 9, 2017.
• Submissions to Online Juried Shows are non-refundable (and must be paid by the entry deadline), are in consideration for physical display at the Gallery, but do not guarantee inclusion in the show.
• All awards will be decided from the work that is physically displayed at the Gallery.
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
• Smaller sized jpegs may result in your work having a disadvantage when viewed by the juror.
• If a higher resolution image is needed for publicity, one will be requested.
• Only 3-dimensional works may be represented with more than one jpeg per work submitted. Three dimensional works may submit up to 3 jpegs per work.
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
While the LJAA carries general insurance, artists should have their own exhibition coverage, including transit.
Size Limitations for Wall hung work:
• In order to allow the maximum participation, wall hung work for this exhibition must not exceed 38 inches, including frame, external measure, in any direction, or weigh more than 20 pounds.
• Multi-part works such as triptychs which exceed 36 inches in any direction must be entered as separate entries with separate fees and as such, you may upload a separate jpg for each part.
Gallery Framing Requirements:
• All wall hung work MUST be wired to hang. No open sided framing. Saw tooth hooks, or any other framing method deemed unprofessional by the director of the show will NOT be hung.
• Three dimensional work may not exceed 150 lbs. nor a height of 6’6” including pedestal or base.
Key Dates for the Show:
4/23/17 Final submission date for JPEGS preliminary entries to the online service
4/25-27/17 Notification of acceptance (Timing is interdependent.) Contact Raye Anne Marks if you do not hear from online juried shows, firstname.lastname@example.org/619-252-9564. Check spam and trash due to mass mailings.
4/22/17, 11a.m.-5p.m., 4/23/17, 11a.m.-5p.m. Delivery of artwork to LJAA Gallery at 8100 Paseo del Ocaso, Suite B, in La Jolla Shores.
4/25/17 Exhibition Opens
4/29/17, 5-8 p.m. Artists’ Reception, Award Presentation at 6:00 p.m.
5/7/17 PICK UP from Gallery, 11-5 p.m.
For questions contact Raye Anne Marks, email@example.com.