Pastel Society of the Southwest
2017 National Juried Exhibition
2017 National Juried Exhibition
The Pastel Society of the Southwest 2017 National Juried Exhibition will be the nonprofit organization’s 36th Juried Show. The exhibition will be held at the Convention and Visitors Bureau of Grapevine Texas. Historic downtown Grapevine has over 200 restaurants, along with art galleries, fabulous shopping and winery tasting rooms. Events take place throughout the year.
We invite you to participate in our juried exhibition and be a part of our quest for the highest artistic excellence in the soft pastel medium. We also encourage you to join The Pastel Society of the Southwest. Our membership ranges from beginners to nationally recognized professionals, and we seek to increase our knowledge and enjoyment of the pastel medium.
This year’s show will be juried and judged by nationally recognized artist Jen Evenhus who will also conduct a workshop in Grapevine October 2-4, 2017.
Online submission- Deadline: Sunday, August 6, 2017
Electronic applications will be accepted beginning Wednesday, March 1 through August 6, 2017.
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
• Open to all artists working in the soft pastel medium. Membership dues are $35.
• Entries must be original, unpublished and executed in the last 3 years.
• Student work produced under supervision is not eligible.
• Entries must not have been exhibited previously in a PSSW juried exhibition.
• Entries must be suitably framed under glass or Plexiglas.
• Painting must be framed and wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers.
• *Framed work must not exceed 48 inches in height or width.
• All accepted work must remain at The Convention and Visitors Bureau for the duration of the exhibition.
• Failure to send your work after it has been accepted may result in disqualification from future PSSW shows.
• No Nudes.
• PSSW reserves the right to reject any work not meeting eligibility requirements or deemed inappropriate to The Convention and Visitors Bureau.
$35 for members and $45 for non-members 1-3 entries. $10 for each additional entry for a maximum of 5 entries. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. A maximum of two (2) can be accepted into the show!
Sale prices marked on entries may not be changed. "Not For Sale" will be accepted.
Best of Show will receive $3,300 in cash and merchandise.
PSSW receives a 30% commission for all work sold.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau of Grapevine Texas
636 S. Main St.
Grapevine, Texas 76051
DO NOT SHIP YOUR PIECE(S) HERE!
DELIVERY AND RETURN OF SELECTED ENTRIES
Hand delivered entries will be accepted Monday, October 2, 2017 from 10am -2pm at The Convention Center.
Craters & Freighters, Inc.
2220 Merritt Dr., Ste 200
Garland, TX 75041 THIS IS THE DESIGNATED AGENT
972-840-8147 or 888-671-0177
Shipped entries must be received by the shipping agent between September 18 and September 29, 2017. The shipping agent, Craters and Freighters, charges $45 for one painting and $10 for each additional painting shipped. Shipped entries must be prepaid in reusable crates. Insure for your own protection.
Shipped entries will be packaged and returned no later than November 30 2017.
Hand delivered entries will be picked up Monday, October 31st from 10am-2pm at The Visitors and Convention Bureau of Grapevine, Texas.
Direct shipping and handling questions to:
Janis Krendick, Tel. 972-517-5480 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherry Barber, Tel 469-585-8750 email@example.com
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Artwork will be handled with all possible care; however, neither The Pastel Society of the Southwest, The Convention and Visitors Bureau of Grapevine Texas, Craters and Freighters (shipping agent) nor any member of PSSW will be responsible for any loss or damage. Glass is used at the artist's risk. Artists will be responsible for replacing broken glass. By entering this exhibition, artists shall be deemed to agree with the conditions stated. PSSW suggests artists carry separate insurance. Permission to reproduce artists’ work for publicity purposes is deemed given with acceptance.
No refunds will be made on unaccepted entries. Participants will be notified of the juror’s selections.
CALENDAR CHECKLIST 2017
AUGUST 6 - Entry Deadline
AUGUST 31 - Notification of acceptance.
Please check your e-mail carefully, even SPAM! You can also check Your Artist Profile on Online Juried Shows.
SEPTEMBER 18 -29 - Out of Town Entries to Craters & Freighters.
OCTOBER 2 - Hand Delivered Entries Accepted at Convention and Visitors Bureau, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
OCTOBER 3 - Show Opens.
OCTOBER 7 - Grapevine Art Walk.
TBD - Awards and reception.
OCTOBER 31 - Exhibition Closes.
OCTOBER 31 - Pick up of hand delivered entries 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
NOVEMBER 30 - Shipped entries returned by this date.