ELIGIBILITY: This is a national competition open to all artists 21 years of age and over. Artwork must not have been shown previously at the *Old Post Office Museum and Art Center, including being displayed at any time or entered in any competition at the *OPOMAC.
FORMAT: Original 2 and 3-dimensional art only. No photography, prints, or computer-generated artwork will be accepted. No artwork over 2 years old may be shown.
SIZE: The boundary measurement of framed art shall not exceed 168 inches. For example, a large 40” x 40” painting would equal a 160 inch boundary.
SHOW AWARDS: Expected $6000 in cash awards.
SUBMISSION & DEADLINE: Entries must be made to OnlineJuriedShows.com by April 16, 2017. All information about entries can be obtained through the web site. For questions about the online computer entry procedure you may call Marlene Edwards at 940-549-1470.
ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $25 per entry and shall be paid by credit card of PayPal upon checkout at OnlineJuriedShows.com. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES: Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: www.onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx.
Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE OR NON-ACCEPTANCE: All entrants will be mailed or emailed written notification whether or not their artwork has been selected. All original artwork juried into the show shall be either hand-delivered or shipped to the *OPOMAC on or before May 2, 2017.
ABOUT SHIPPING YOUR ARTWORK:
• Accepted work shall be labeled on the back with artist’s name, title of piece, and retail price. ALL ARTWORK MUST BE FOR SALE.
• Artwork shall be shipped back to the artist by FEDEX or C.O.D. unless other arrangements are made with the *OPOMAC. We suggest that you buy a Return Postage Label when you purchase the shipping label to us.
• Your shipping and packing material must be useful for the return of your work. YOU WILL BE CHARGED A $25 HANDLING FEE TO RETURN YOUR PAINTINGS.
• NO POPCORN PACKING MATERIAL ALLOWED IN YOUR SHIPMENT.
• NO GLASS. Only plexiglas will be accepted. This is necessary for the protection of the original works.
• All artwork should be framed, wired, and ready to hang. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS.
• Gallery-wrapped canvases are acceptable if the sides are painted and pieces are wired and ready to hang.
• Sculpture must not weigh more than 100 lbs.
• Check your shipping insurance. You are responsible for insuring the amount above what your shipper will cover.
DISPLAY AND SALE OF ORIGINAL ART: Artwork must be for sale. Please state a valid price, reflecting current market value for your work. For any artwork sold, the *OPOMAC shall be entitled to retain 25% of the selling price as commission and shall remit 75% of the selling price to the artist.
ABOUT THE JUROR:
John Pototschnik (Poe-toe-sh-nick) was born in St. Ives, Cornwall, England but grew up in Wichita, Kansas. He received his art training at Wichita State University in advertising design, followed by instruction in illustration and design at Art Center College in Los Angeles. Later he studied human anatomy under Deane Keller at the Lyme Academy of Fine Arts in Old Lyme, Connecticut.Prior to painting professionally in the fine arts, he worked as a freelance illustrator for ten years with many of Dallas’ major companies and advertising agencies. Mr. Pototschnik is a signature member of the Oil Painters of America, and his work has appeared in multiple artists’ magazines and books. It is his intention that his work gives to society paintings that transcend the culture…”paintings that speak to the heart.”
Entry Deadline: April 16, 2017
Delivery Deadline: May 2, 2017
Reception/Awards: May 13, 2017
Exhibit Closes: July 1, 2017
Old Post Office Museum & Art Center
510 Third Street
Graham, Texas 76450