California Plein Air Painters
2017 CPAP Online Exhibit and Showcase
2017 CPAP SPRING ONLINE EXHIBIT AND SHOWCASE
SPONSORING ORGANIZATION: California Plein Air Painters
EXHIBITION DATES: April 15, 2017 – June 30, 2017
LOCATION: This is an Online Exhibit and will be published on the OnlineJuriedShows website and the CPAP website.
QUALIFICATIONS: This event is open to all plein air artists over 18 residing in the United States. You must be an Associate Member of CPAP to receive an award. If you are not already a Member you may finish submitting your artwork first and then enroll as a Member on or before the contest deadline. To become a CPAP member, apply at www.calpleinair.com/. Membership is free and open to all persons 18 years or over residing in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
SUBJECT: We are looking for plein air artwork depicting landscapes, seascapes and urbanscapes. Subject matter should convey an image of Winter or Spring in California. Figures-in-the-landscape are allowed providing the landscape dominates the subject matter.
DEADLINE: Entries must be received no later than midnight, March 31, 2017
MEDIUM: Only original paintings in oil, watercolor, dry pastel or acrylic will be accepted.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit artwork through Online Juried Shows. You may submit any number of entries.
JUROR: Our Juror of Awards is Ned Mueller. Ned Mueller is a CPAP Painting Ambassador and is also a nationally known and recognized Master. You can view his information http://nedmueller.com/about
NOTIFICATIONS: Notifications will be sent to artists via email on or before April 15, 2017.
ENTRY FEE: Please pay by credit card or PayPal through Online Juried Shows. The entry fee is $20 for the first three images. Each additional image is $10. You may submit any number of images. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
AWARDS: Cash and prizes will be awarded to the successful competitors.
• First Place $200 Cash Award
• Second Place $100 Cash Award
• Third Place $75 Cash Award
• Awards of Merit (5) Free subscription to Art of the West Magazine
• Honorable Mention Awards (10) - Promotion on our website and publications.
1. The Spring Online Exhibit is open to Associate Members of CPAP only. To become a CPAP member, apply at www.calpleinair.com/ Membership is free and open to all persons 18 years or over residing in the United States, Canada or Mexico.
2. New members must apply for membership by the posted deadline, or wait until the next on-line show.
3. We accept representational oil paintings of original concept and design only. Paintings created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to workshops and art classes are not considered original artwork.
4. Paintings entered must have been painted in the last 3 years and must depict a California location.
5. Artist may enter as many artworks as they would like. Each artist is only allowed to win one award.
6. Artists may NOT enter paintings that have won awards or have been Finalists in other CPAP competitions.
7. Artists may enter paintings that have been sold.
8. A painting can be submitted into multiple contests until it receives an award.
9. Entry fee of $20 includes up to 3 images; additional images may be added for an additional $10 each.
10. All entries will be displayed.
11. Artwork must not exceed 24” on any side.
12. Your painting must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material (If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified)
13. Make sure your painting is signed and that the signature is visible in the image upload
14. Online Showcase Exhibits require no shipping.
15. Artwork may be submitted until midnight, Pacific Time on the last day of the submission deadline.
16. All submissions must be made through Online Juried Shows. Email submissions and/or physical submissions will not be accepted.
17. The Juror of Awards will be a Signature Member or Painting Ambassador of CPAP. The decision of the Juror will be final.
18. By entering this art competition, you are granting CPAP a limited, non-exclusive license to reproduce images of your artwork for purposes of promoting CPAP and its events for 15 months. Your images will not be sold or otherwise utilized without the express written permission of the Artist.
19. Awards will be sent to winners after the conclusion of the show. By entering the competition, artists agree to follow all rules relevant to the competition and show.
ENTERING YOUR IMAGES: Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: www.onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx.
Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.