email address:    


First Time Entering?
Create New Account
Forgot Password

Login Status Looking for your jury notifications and didn't get one?  Log into your Artist Profile -> Review Images and find out how you did!

Be sure to read the prospectus in its entirety before continuing.

Central Coast Plein Air Painters
Painted Journeys of Monterey County

Painted Journeys of Monterey County




An Exhibition of the Central Coast Plein Air Painters. Sponsored by and benefiting the Arts Council for Monterey County,

This exhibit is open to all Artists working in oil, acrylic, watercolor and pastel residing in California.  You do not need to be a member of the Central Coast Plein Air Painters to enter AND membership in the Central Coast Plein Air Painters is FREE and available on Facebook:

Entering Your Images:
Entry form must be filled out in its entirety, including unframed dimensions (or size) , medium, and price.  List sizes up to the nearest half inch.  Submitted images must not include matting or frame.  Crop the photos to include only the artwork.  Be sure your images are right-side-up.

Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi.  Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space.  Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at:  If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here:

Please add and to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.

Open to all artists in California.  Artists may submit work in watercolor, acrylic, oil, and pastel.  No photography, video or 3D work will be considered.  Work must be framed or gallery wrapped with finished edges and wired for hanging.  No Sawtooth hangers, please.  Dimensions may not exceed 864 square inches, for example 24” in height by 36” in length, not including frame. Entries must be plein air paintings, executed on location, out of doors OR inspired by plein air.  The theme, Painted Journeys, refers to subjects in Monterey County that can be accessed, seen on or from or by a roadway in Monterey County, California. Artists must be able to hand deliver and pick up their work if it does not sell.  No shipped work will be accepted.

$40 for up to 4 images.
Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.  Acceptance is not guaranteed.

Judge of Awards:
We are thrilled to have Laurie Myers,  as our Awards Judge for Painted Journeys of Monterey County.  Not only has Laurie established herself as a successful award winning artist, she also has extensive experience as an Art Instructor and Art Education Author.  Laurie also worked as the Arts in Education Coordinator for the Arts Council for Monterey County where her mission was to bring the joy of art to as many people as possible.

Exhibition Details:
The Painted Journeys Exhibition will be hosted by the Transportation Agency for Monterey County Offices in Salinas, CA. located at 55-B Plaza Circle Salinas, CA  93901,, and will feature paintings by The Central Coast Plein Air Painters of the amazing beauty of California’s Central Coast as accessed, seen from, by or on a roadway in Monterey County.  Selected artwork will be on display for 1 year.  Artists may replace paintings that are sold with a painting of the same size or smaller and they may switch out a substitute painting if needed over the course of the year.  1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be given as well as 3 honorable mentions.  The event is sponsored by the Arts Council for Monterey County and 30% of all sales shall go to benefit youth art programs in Monterey County.  The remaining 70% shall go to the artist.

The exhibition and sale will be promoted by the Arts Council of Monterey to its constituents and via social media and PR.  Artists are welcome to invite as many fans of their work as they like.  Light refreshments will be served.


The Arts Council for Monterey County will handle sales and also provide insurance.

1st Place: $100
2nd Place: $75
3rd Place: $50

1.    Open/close date for submitting their work online: May 23rd  to July 2nd by 11:59 p.m. PST
2.    Notifications sent out:  July 3rd
3.    Drop off of artwork:  July 13th from 9am to noon at the TAMC offices located at 55-B Plaza Circle Salinas, CA  93901.
4.    Artist Reception and award presentation:  July 19th 2018 from 3:30 to 4:30
5.    For more information contact:  If you cannot make the drop off time and need to make other arrangements:

 Marie Massey at 970-222-1652 (call or text to this number) or email:


You are currently logged out.