Art Port Townsend
Expressions Northwest 2017
19th Annual Juried Art Show
a festival of the visual arts featuring a juried art show
August 3 – August 27, 2016
Susan Warner has over thirty years of management, arts administration and museum education experience. At Museum of Glass, she has responsibility for Curatorial, Education, Hot Shop, and serves as the museum’s major gifts officer. Warner is responsible for overseeing the organization of major exhibitions that are designed to travel across the country. This includes managing the production of fully researched and illustrated catalogs in partnership with the University of Washington Press Prior to joining the Museum of Glass, Warner was Director of Education at the Seattle Children’s Museum. She also served as Curator of Education at the State Capital Museum in Olympia and as Assistant Curator, Curator of Decorative Arts at the Dayton Art Institute. Her early career included extensive curatorial work in collection management and exhibition development. In 1997, she received Washington State’s Gold Apple Award for Excellence in Education and, in 1998; she accepted a Coming Up Taller award for her program.
Best of Show $500
4 special awards of $300
2 People’s Choice Awards of $100
Additional merchandise awards
June 11 - Entry deadline, 11:59 p.m. PST
July 7 - Artist notification
July 30 – July 31 - Delivery of work
August 3 11:30 am – 5:30 pm - Exhibition opens
August 4 5:30 pm - Awards ceremony & reception
August 5 1 pm - Susan Warner lecture
August 24 7 pm - Poets read reactions to the Juried Show
August 26 – 27 10 am – 4 pm - Artist Studio Tour
August 27 5:30 pm - Exhibition closes
August 27 – 28 - Pick up art work
• All entries will be juried from digital images. Awards will be judged from the original works of art.
• A maximum of three entries per artist may be submitted for jurying.
• For sculptures, up to three images may be submitted per entry.
A non–refundable entry fee of $45 is required for a maximum of three entries. Entry fees must be paid by the entry deadline. Entry deadline: June 11, 2017
• You will enter your images online at OnlineJuriedShows.com. Help formatting your images and how to enter can be found on the website under the “How to Enter” link. You will need to create an account (it’s free).
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
• Proceed through all 5 steps of entry including getting a Receipt of Entry.
For those who are not computer savvy and for more information, contact: Joan Balzarini at (208) 869-7508, or email@example.com
• Artist must be 16 years of age or older and a resident of WA, OR, ID MT, AK or British Columbia.
• Entries must be original, entirely the work of the entrant, executed within the last three years, and without the supervision of an instructor.
• Entries must not be copied, derivatives, or based on other copyrighted or published paintings or photographs.
• Work in two and three dimensions including jewelry and photography is eligible. Sculpture may not exceed 80" × 40" × 40". Two-dimensional work may not exceed 80" height × 46" width including frame.
• Unless artist installs, no work may exceed 50 pounds in weight.
• All two-dimensional works on paper must have surface protection. Work must be sturdily framed and ready to hang, including wire. Shipped paintings must not use glass. Hand-delivered work may use glass.
• Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter the work or the sales price, nor withdraw the work after it has been accepted.
• Art Port Townsend reserves the right to refuse any work that does not match the entry or meet the media, size or framing criteria.
Works can be hand delivered or shipped. Instructions will be e-mailed in the notification. There will be a $10.00 charge for each shipping container.
Should your work(s) sell, Northwind Arts Center will pay you a wholesale price equal to 60% of the retail selling price. Northwind will pay Washington State sales tax.
Art Port Townsend reserves the right to use images and to photograph entries for the purposes of documentation, education, publicity, and to encourage interaction of the arts.
Every reasonable precaution will be taken during the receiving, installation, exhibition, and return of work, but neither the Port Townsend Arts Commission nor Northwind Arts Center will assume responsibility for loss or damage incurred. Artists should carry their own insurance. Work should not be so fragile that shipment or public display is potentially harmful to the work or the viewer.
Submission of images and, if accepted, the artwork, shall constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to comply with the conditions set forth in this prospectus, including the following: I hereby release and discharge the officers, employees and volunteers of the Port Townsend Arts Commission and Northwind Arts Center from any and all claims occasioned by damage or loss of said image(s) or artwork while in possession of Art Port Townsend.
No work accepted for this exhibition may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition.
Permission to reproduce the artwork in a catalog of the exhibition, online, and for publicity and educational purposes is granted. All decisions of the exhibition chair are final.