Adirondack National Pastel Exhibition
3rd Annual National Pastel Exhibition
The Shirt Factory Gallery & the Adirondack Pastel Society
Show runs Wednesday, July 12, to Saturday August 12, 2017
Opening reception is Saturday, July 22, from 5 to 8 p.m.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, May 21, 2017
Theme and Eligibility:
This is an open call opportunity for any artist working in soft pastel.
Work must be ready to hang, work not ready to hang may not be included in show.
• Artists are encouraged to attend the reception.
• Original pastel artwork only. All submissions must be for sale.
Best of Show: $750, Second: $300, Third: $200, additional cash and merchandise prizes will be awarded.
Nonrefundable Jurying Fee:
Jurying fee is to be $30 for two images, $40 for three images; payable by the entry deadline at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com
Jurors of Selection
Patricia Tribastone, PSA-MP
Pat is a Master Pastellist with the Pastel Society of America and an IAPS Master Circle artist with the International Association of Pastel Societies. She has been published in Pastel Journal and The Artists Magazine, among others. Her work is in private and public collections.
Karen Israel, PSA-MP
Karen is a Master Pastellist with the Pastel Society of America and an IAPS Master Circle artist with the International Association of Pastel Societies.
Juror of Awards:
Deborah Quinn-Munson, PSA
Deborah Quinn-Munson, PSA, of Chester, Connecticut has received many distinctions for her work as an artist including the cover article of the Artist’s Magazine, The Solace of Still Water, March 2011. In addition her work can be seen in the Pastel Society of America: Annual Members Show at the Butler Institute of American Art.
• A maximum of 3 pieces may be submitted for jurying.
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
• All entries will be through www.OnlineJuriedShows.com
Notification: Artists will be notified of jury results by email during the week of May 29, 2017. Prizewinners will be announced at the reception on Saturday, July 22, 2017, from 5 to 8 p.m.
Publicity: The Shirt Factory will publicize the show and reception regionally via email marketing, paid print advertising, press releases, website and social media promotion.
Commission: The Shirt Factory Gallery collects a 30% commission for artwork sales. Artists' checks will be mailed in August.
Each work is insured to a reasonable amount while turned over to the care of the Shirt Factory Gallery. Items will be handled with the utmost care; however, Shirt Factory Gallery will not be held liable for damage as a result of workmanship or design. Artists are responsible for shipping to and from the Gallery and for insuring work while in transit. Artists are also responsible for providing work that is sturdy and durable for necessary hanging purposes.
Artist agrees to allow Shirt Factory Gallery to photograph works for promotional purposes.
Drop-off and Pick-up:
Accepted work can be hand delivered to the Shirt Factory Gallery Friday, July 7, Saturday, July 8.between 12 noon and 5 p.m.
Shipped works are due July 5, 2017 or sooner.
Unsold artwork must be picked up Saturday, August 12 between 4-6 p.m.
Shipped work will be returned after August 13, 2017.
Shipped entries must include return shipping paid for by the artist. All shipping is the responsibility of the artist.
All work must be ready to hang with wire attached to back of frame.
About the Exhibition:
Adirondack National Pastel Exhibition 2017 is the third annual pastel show and will be held at the Shirt Factory Gallery, established in February 2012 to primarily serve as a welcome center and showcase for works created by our resident artists; the Shirt Factory Gallery now offers several juried shows a year, bringing in artwork from across the country.
The gallery is located in a historic building, brought to new life, which now houses more than 60 artist studios, shops, galleries and services. Its clean, modern design features an open floor format with a small annex.
Contact the Gallery Committee at email@example.com or visit us online at www.shirtfactorygallery.com.
Shirt Factory Gallery
71 Lawrence St, Suite 120
Glens Falls, NY 12801