Santa Cruz Art League
87th Annual Statewide California Landscape Exhibition 2017
Santa Cruz Art League
87th Annual Statewide California Landscape Exhibition
August 11 through September 10, 2017
Reception: August 19, Saturday, 3-5pm
Juror: Frank Galuszka
Artist/Professor, University of California at Santa Cruz, CA
Santa Cruz Art League creates an environment where local as well as regional & national artists display their art. The many classes in art and performance provide a space for learning and enhancing the creative process. Established in 1919, Santa Cruz Art League is Santa Cruz County’s longest standing Arts organization, and is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit.
For almost nine decades, the Santa Cruz Art League’s Statewide Landscape Exhibition has showcased the work of artists across the Golden State who depict California’s foothills, mountains, seashores, and deserts of the interior and coastal regions.
Open to California residents, paintings of California landscapes and the sea. Oil, Watercolor, Acrylic, Pastel and Mixed Media will be accepted. This is a painting show for traditional media. The SCAL reserves the right to decline or remove any work that does not conform to the agreement.
Open to United States residents. The Santa Cruz Art League reserves the right to decline or remove any work that does not conform to the agreement.
Entry fee paid to OnlineJuriedShows.com. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
SCAL Members - $35 for one entry, $10 for each additional entry up to 5.
Non-Members - $40 for one entry, $10 for each additional entry up to 5.
Entering Your Images
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
All work must be for sale. Artists agree to donate 45% of any sale of work to Santa Cruz Art League (SCAL) or 30% of sale if SCAL Member. Artist will be paid three weeks from end of show. SCAL insures work only after installation. Maximum insured value $1000 regardless of price.
Size Limitation Restriction
If larger than 5’ x 5’, please contact Keelin Sabel – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-426-5787 for more guidance BEFORE applying online.
Juror will grant $2,000 in Awards.
Prospectus Online: February 17, Friday.
Deadline: May 15, Monday (11:59pm PST).
Email Accept/Reject out: June 2, Friday.
Shipping Drop Off: August 3, Thursday & August 4, Friday
Drop off: August 6, Sunday 12-4pm & August 7, Monday, 2-4pm
Work must arrive on required dates.
Gala Reception: August 19, Saturday, 3-5pm
Pickup: September 10, Sunday, 4-6-6pm & September 11, Monday, 2-4pm.
$5 a day Late Pickup fee.
• Work requiring special handling is to be installed & removed by artist.
• No work may be substituted or exchanged for any reason.
• Work must be original, and for sale, ready to install.
• Shipped entries must have a Prepaid Return Shipping Label (UPS & FedEx) & a $20 check for unpacking/repacking fee per box.
• Artist bio and/or brief information on artwork with photo is encouraged for Gallery Bio Book, when accepted.
Maximum insurance, insured value $1,000 regardless of price.
SCAL shall have the right to photograph, telecast, and/or reproduce art work in full or in detail for educational, catalog, or publicity purposes including SCAL website/Face book. Please see https://onlinejuriedshows.com/ViewClosedShow.aspx, Published shows, to see published exhibit.
526 Broadway, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone: (831) 426-5787
Wed.- Sat., 12 - 5pm,