Laguna Plein Air Painters Association
Salute Our National Parks 2017
LPAPA In Residence
“Salute Our National Parks”
July 3 – July 31, 2017
Entry Deadline – Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Forest & Ocean Gallery
480 Ocean Avenue
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Exhibition & Sale Hours
July 3 – July 31, 2017
Gallery Hours: Tues – Fri & Sun 11am – 5pm; Sat 9am – 6pm; Closed Mondays
Artist Reception: July 15, 2017
Artist Eligibility: Open to all LPAPA members in good standing; approximately 24 paintings will be selected to hang at the Forest & Ocean Gallery exhibition, chosen from best representation of theme. At least one painting submitted from each artist will be included in the DailyBrushwork.com online gallery, provided the submission is consistent with “Salute Our National Parks”
Art Entry Eligibility:
• Plein air and studio work accepted, all painting mediums.
• Subject matter to reflect theme – Salute Our National Parks.
• Entries must not violate copyright laws.
• Entries must be original and executed within the last year.
• Maximum unframed size 24” x 36” Maximum frame size not to exceed 4”.
• Minimum unframed size 6” x 8” Maximum frame size not to exceed 4”.
• Black or gold toned frames only please.
• All work must be wired and ready to exhibit.
Nature of entries:
• Submit JPEG images for review via OnlineJuriedShows.com no later than Tuesday, June 13th. Acceptance results are anticipated to be emailed to artists by Tuesday, June 20th.
• Artists may submit up to 4 digital images for consideration with one $25. entry fee, entry fees non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
• Identify each image with a title, size, price, medium.
• All submissions will be considered based on best representation of the theme, and all artists will have at least 1 painting accepted for online www.DailyBrushwork.com gallery showcase.
• It is the obligation of the artists accepted in the show to be sure their work is available and for sale.
• 50% to artist.
• All accepted artwork will be available for sale through DailyBrushwork.com online, a limited number of paintings (approximately 24) will be accepted to also be shown at the LPAPA in Residence Forest & Ocean Gallery exhibit.
Entering Your Images:
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: www.onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx.
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
Fees for Shipped Work: (Shipped work must arrive by noon on or before Monday, July 3, 2017. if shipping for weekend delivery, please contact Rosemary or Toni in advance.) Please do not use plastic peanuts for shipping!
• Artist is responsible for shipping charges of work to and from exhibit. A prepaid return label to be included.
• Accepted Work can be shipped to:
LPAPA c/o Forest & Ocean Gallery
480 Ocean Ave
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
• Accepted work can be hand delivered on Monday, July 3, 2016 from 10:00am – 12:00 noon to Forest & Ocean Gallery – 480 Ocean Ave – Laguna Beach.
• Although the utmost care will be taken in handling artwork, neither LPAPA, Forest & Ocean Gallery or its representatives will be responsible for damage or loss from any cause. Insurance, if desired, is the responsibility of the artist.
• Artwork accepted for DailyBrushwork.com online gallery, and not the LPAPA in Residence Gallery exhibit, will be held by the artist and available for sale through the end of the show date of July 31, 2017. LPAPA will handle all online sales through DailyBrushwork.com and when sold a reasonable estimate of shipping fees will be collected and the artist will be notified to ship work directly to buyer.
NOTE: It is the obligation of the artists accepted in the show to be sure their work is available and for sale.
1st Place $200
2nd Place $100
3rd Place $50
Only those paintings accepted for the LPAPA in Residence at Forest & Ocean exhibition will be eligible for awards judging.
Work will be showcased at the Forest & Ocean Gallery during the First Thursdays Artwalk Laguna Beach on July 6, 2017 with Artist’s Reception being held on Saturday, July 15, 2017, 5 – 8 pm. Artists accepted for the Gallery exhibit will also have the opportunity to schedule painting times at the Gallery to further promote their artwork with the community and gallery visitors.
6/13 Deadline all submissions.
6/20 Notifications emailed.
7/3 Deadline for all shipped artwork.
7/3 Drop off art at Forest & Ocean Gallery from 10:00am – 12:00 noon.
7/6 ArtWalk Reception at Forest & Ocean Gallery 5 pm – 8 pm.
7/15 Artist Reception at Forest & Ocean Gallery 5 pm – 8 pm.
7/31 Last day of exhibit.
7/31 Pick up art at Forest & Ocean Gallery 10:00am – 12:00 noon.