Arkansas Pastel Society
Reflections in Pastel
7th National Exhibition
Nov. 10, 2017 – Feb. 24, 2018
“Reflections in Pastel”
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
401 President Clinton Avenue • Little Rock, AR 72201
Juror of Selection and Awards: Christine Ivers
Christine Ivers, Juror
The artwork of Christine Ivers has been described as vibrant and textural with dynamic light. Teaching is all part of the artist’s life as she dedicates herself to help others to hone their talents in order to better express themselves through whatever medium they prefer to work in.
Chris attained a BFA in painting and two-dimensional design from Hartford Art School in 1973 and found work in the advertising field for the last 40 years, after which she returned to her love of painting.
She is the Past-President of the CT Pastel Society, former member of PSA Board of Governors where she is a Master Pastelist, and was inducted into the IAPS Master Circle of Pastelists. She is a current board member of IAPS and is affiliated with numerous pastel societies and art organizations.
Chris and her husband David live in Central Connecticut.
2017 – 2018 Calendar
• Sept. 3 – Digital entries deadline. Entries must be entered at http://www.onlinejuriedshows.com by midnight of this date
• Sept. 21 – Acceptance notifications sent out
• Oct. 23 – Deadline for receipt of shipped entries
• Oct. 28 – Deadline for hand delivered entries (Noon until 3:00 pm)
• Nov. 10 – Show opens
• Nov. 10 – 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Opening Reception and Award Ceremony (Juror will be present)
• Feb. 24, 2018 – Show closes
• Feb. 26, 2018 – Pick up hand delivered entries (Noon until 3:00 pm)
• Feb. 27, 2018 – Shipped entries returned if not sold
All entries must be for sale. Sale price listed on entry form cannot be changed. Arkansas Pastel Society/Central Arkansas Library System will retain 40% of any and all sales. If an entry is sold between acceptance and opening of the show, it must be withdrawn from the show. Entry fee will not be refunded.
• Open to all artists 18 years old or older.
• Entries must be original, unpublished and executed within the last three years. Paintings that have won an award at a national level exhibition are not eligible.
• Entries must be at least 80% soft or oil pastel.
• Works produced in a class, workshop, or under another artist’s supervision are not eligible. Images from Internet or copyrighted materials may not be used as source.
• Accepted works may be refused if digital image does not accurately represent work.
• APS reserves the right to refuse any work submitted.
• Entries must be suitably framed under glass or Plexiglass and ready to hang with wire hangers (sawtooth hangers are absolutely not allowed).
• All accepted works must remain hanging for the duration of the exhibit.
• Artist may submit one entry for $25 (APS Members) or $30 (non-APS Members).
• Additional entries may be submitted for $10 each (for APS Members) and $15 each (for non-APS Members) up to a total of 3 entries per artist. Only 2 entries per artist will be accepted. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
• Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
• To enter the Arkansas Pastel Society National Juried Exhibition, go to: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com
Entering Your Images
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: www.onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx.
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
Note: Instructions are clear and simple. Accepted paintings will be shown and available for purchase online during the entire show.
If you would like to join the Arkansas Pastel Society, our membership form can be found at http://www.arkansaspastelsociety.com/about and membership forms sent to:
Lois Davis, Membership Chairperson
1020 Angel Drive
Alexander, AR 72002
Checks payable to Arkansas Pastel Society.
Delivery and Return of Accepted Entries
• Shipped entries must be received between Oct. 16, 2017 and Oct. 23, 2017.
• Shipped entries should be sent prepaid in reusable crates with a PREPAID RETURN shipping label.
• Please do not use foam peanuts for packing.
• Insure for your own protection.
• Shipping instructions, including handling fees and return shipping information, will be sent upon notification of acceptance.
• Shipped entries will be packaged and returned no later than Feb. 27, 2018.
• Pick up hand-delivered entries February 26, 2018.
Limitations of Liability
Artwork will be handled with all possible care. However, neither the Arkansas Pastel Society, Butler Studies Institute Gallery, nor any member of APS will be held responsible for any loss or damage.
APS recommends that Plexiglass be used, especially for works that will be shipped. Glass is used at artist’s risk. Artists will be responsible for repairs to artwork damaged in shipping (Ex.: broken glass, scratched Plexiglass, excessive pastel dust or dirty mat). When the painting is received, the artist will be contacted with the price of repairs. If artist does not wish to repair the painting, it may be withdrawn from show. Entry fee will not be returned. Entering this exhibition shall constitute understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated. APS suggests that artists carry separate insurance.
Permission to reproduce artist’s work for publicity purposes is assumed with acceptance.
Our web site is www.arkansaspastelsociety.com. The prospectus may be downloaded from the website. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.