Carmel Art Association
Jury for New Members 2017
PO Box 2271, Carmel-by-the-Sea, California 93921
The Carmel Art Association is seeking local artists for full artist membership, who best demonstrate a combination of professional-level artistry as well as enthusiasm for the supportive spirit of our unique non-profit endeavor. Our jury process will include a preliminary on-line jurying, followed by an invitation of 3-6 finalists to present work at an interview for the final selection of new artist members.
1. Applicants must have resided within thirty-five driving miles of Carmel for at least one year prior to application.
2. You must document having shown your work in at least one juried competition and one gallery.
3. Artists may submit work in one category only: two-dimensional or three-dimensional.
4. Two-dimensional original work in oil, acrylic, or watercolor painting, or Fine Art printmaking. Work must have been completed within the last 12 months. No work using a photo process, ink-jet giclee, four-color reproductions, or machine-produced images will be considered.
5. Three-dimensional original work in stone, metal, wood, ceramic, or mixed media. Work must have been completed within the last 36 months.
• $35 non-refundable application fee (must be paid by the entry deadline).
• The CAA uses Entry Fees for Student Scholarships and Youth Art programs.
• March 28, 2017: Deadline to enter.
• Two-dimensional work: ten images.
• Three-dimensional work: ten images.
• Enter your images online at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com.
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: www.onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx.
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
Timeline of Events 2017:
March 28, Deadline to submit entries.
April 7, Notification of finalists.
April 25th, Interviews of finalists. (You must be able to bring in work on Tuesday, and pick it up on Wednesday.)
• If you are accepted as a finalist, you will be contacted by the Carmel Art Association to schedule an appointment on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 for an interview, and to present six finished pieces in your category and six drawings and/or studies, to the Art Association for the final jurying.
• Two-dimensional finished work must be suitably framed and wired for hanging. All work must be presented in a professional, ready-to-exhibit manner.
If you are accepted as a CAA Artist Member:
New members are required to participate in a “New Members Show” at the Art Association in June of 2017.
Applicants who are accepted to the Carmel Art Association are initially accepted as provisional members. After a period of six months, the board will decide whether new members are to be accepted as permanent members.
Acceptance for permanent membership is judged principally on the basis of whether work brought in during the period of provisional membership is of the quality indicated by the work submitted with the original application, and your participation in the Association.
The Carmel Art Association is the oldest cooperative art organization in the United States. Because this is an artist owned and operated association, members are required to participate in and contribute to the operation of the gallery aside from displaying their work. All members must volunteer a minimum of 12 hours per year.
Questions, please contact: